Milestones Office Health and Wellness is a website dedicated to providing the office worker with information on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Prolonged sitting time (sedentary activity) has emerged as a risk factor for negative health factors such as premature mortality, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, cancer, metabolic syndrome, and obesity. In contrast, breaks in prolonged sitting time have been correlated with beneficial metabolic profiles among adults, suggesting that frequent breaks in sedentary activity may explain lower health risks.
On this website, you will find resources to help you establish a healthy lifestyle in and out of office:
- A blog of healthful habits you can perform at office
- Links to workouts and yoga you can do on your own
- Links to nutrition resources
- Tips on establishing health groups at office to encourage others to live healthy lifestyles
- Articles related on the general office life.
We hope you enjoy your visit to our website and please feel free to leave feedback using the CONTACT link.